As of July 1, 2017, new regulations have been put into place regarding visits to Machu Picchu that we want to share with you:
- Visits to Machu Picchu are broken up into two different shifts:
- Morning shift: 6 am – 12 pm
- Afternoon shift: 12 pm – 5:30 pm
- Please note that entrance isn’t allowed after 4:30 pm
- The capacity of the Citadel is 2,500 visitors per day which will be split between the morning and afternoon shifts
- The maximum length of stay in the Citadel is 4 hours
- If you wish to re-enter the Citadel, you are required to purchase a second ticket
- You may purchase 2 tickets for different shifts on the same day, however, you are required to exit the Citadel after the first shift and then re-enter with your second ticket
- Visitors are not allowed into Machu Picchu Citadel, Machu Picchu Mountain, or Huayna Picchu without a guide. For every 16 visitors, one guide is required.
- There are 3 different paths to take when touring the Machu Picchu Citadel; your guide will lead you along 1 of these 3 paths during your visit.
Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain is permitted in two separate windows:
- First entrance: 7 am – 8 am
- Second entrance: 10 am – 11 am
- Please note entrance to Huayna Picchu requires an additional ticket to the general Machu Picchu entrance ticket.